Diamondcoat product is a 50-50 mix of a high performance water-based epoxy and a hardener base, which when combined, provide an amazingly hard clear finish for use in many and varied applications including the sealing of a variety of floor surfaces.
These include materials such as most types of timber, tiles (unglazed in particular), concrete, Medium Density Fibreboard, and many others besides. For very light surfaces (e.g. white or bleached pine), a slight colour change may be seen, but for all other surfaces there is no noticeable effect. The finish can be recoated at any time in the future. Phoenix FLOORGUARD (water-based protective polish) may be used from time to time, as an option to reduce wear and tear of the film.
Being an epoxy, DIAMONDCOAT is expected to offer a moderate chemical resistance to a range of household materials and solvents.
- Since DIAMONDCOAT is “acrylic” in nature, the films produced are not prone to cracking, chipping, or peeling.
- Good resistance to hydrostatic pressure
- Excellent adhesion promotion
- Superior resistance to dirt pick-up
- Water clean up
- No expensive and highly dangerous solvents
- Recoatability at any time
- Exhibits an extremely hard,
- Almost scratch proof finish.
Please note that we do stock additional colours so please contact us if you have any enquiries.