METALFIX 1000 is a single pack water-based primer which is designed for application onto non-rusted surfaces, such as new or clean steelwork, new or weathered aluminium, new or weathered galvanised steel, plastic, timber, etc, to form a non-toxic film. The coating is the “twin sister” to METALFIX, which is designed mainly for application over well-rusted steel. The METALFIX 1000 does have a slight rust converting action, and can be used over lightly rusted steel work (e.g, new steel bearing a “rust bloom”) where it cures into a tough abrasion-resistant skin which is impervious to further rusting. The coating will operate from minus 40 degrees Centigrade to upto 1000 degrees Centigrade, and, if required, may be overcoated with any other top coat, whether oil or water based. Special Features:
- Gives off no fumes
- Easy to spray or brush
- Goes over wide range of surfaces
- Gives stable surface plus tough paint skin
- Can take any top coat, if required
- Quick overcoating times.
- Water wash up (no solvents)
- Etch-primer for Zinc and Aluminium
- Non-toxic in the dry state
- Fire-retardant properties
- Single pack (no wasted mixes)
- Can be mixed with cement powder (to repair damage to tanks, pools etc)
Please note that we do stock additional colours so please contact us if you have any enquiries.